Suar Wooden Furniture
Suar furniture is the right choice for those who love natural and unique showpieces as table tops. But just like any other wood or piece of furniture, suar furniture also needs maintenance.
Because we treat all blades three times, contamination will not soon be a serious threat. The humidity is something that must be taken into account. In addition to the fact that wooden (suar) furniture and table tops can suffer from this, this is also important for your health.
Our advice is to have the indoor humidity between 50% and 65%. You can manage this well with the help of a humidifier.
What do I need?
Before we give you some tips on how to take care of your beloved wooden furniture at home, we advise you to purchase the following items through us or at your local hardware store.
- Work gloves
- Damp cloth
- Brushes and Roller
- Transparent lacquer (depending on your wishes)
The steps to re-treat your Suar wooden table:
- Share the tasks well with your partner or friend.
- Wear personal protection such as work gloves and a mouth cap / mask to protect yourself.
- Start by sanding the tabletop or piece of furniture until the paint has been sanded off everywhere.
- Clean the table and wipe it with a cloth so that the table is free of dust and all wood chips have disappeared.
- Use the (self-chosen) varnish and start rolling it gently with a roller from bottom to top.
- Let the first layer dry for at least 24 hours and don't forget to paint the underside as well
- After it has dried for 24 hours, you can sand the blade smooth with soft sandpaper (optional).
- Repeat the above two more times at the top and bottom of the table top and then the table is completely repainted.
The Suar wooden tree trunk table is like new again, so you can enjoy your showpiece for years to come!